Kinds of personal information we collect and hold
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you, or which could reasonably be used to identify you.
Types of personal information we generally collect may include:
- your name, address, date of birth and contact details;
- your financial information;
- your residential information;
- your credit information;
Sources of personal information
In most cases we will collect personal information directly from you. We will obtain your consent to collect sensitive information unless we are required or permitted by law to collect it without your consent.
When dealing with us you may be:
- a customer or a beneficiary under a consumer credit loan;
- a customer of an intermediary or referrer;
- a business partner, where we may make personal contact to further promote our service.
You may choose not to provide your personal information
If you choose not to provide your personal information we may not be able to offer you a loan.
How personal information is collected and held
We may collect your personal information if you use our online services (including recording your bank account details), complete our documents or forms or speak to one of our agents.
Your personal information is recorded in our computer systems, databases and in paper records held in secure environments. We may utilise our related bodies corporate, agents and third party suppliers for data storage services.
Any personal information you provide over the internet is held securely. Information may be retained on our web servers and with our web hosting provider.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
There are limited circumstances where you may be able to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym if you request to do so. Examples include where you are seeking only general information about one of our products or services, or are looking only for loan costs. In most cases it will not be possible for you to deal with us in this way.
Purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information
We only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities, such as assessing or issuing consumer credit.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We will only use or disclose your personal information in ways that you would reasonably expect, including so that we can provide and market services to you. We will request your consent for any other purpose which you would not reasonably expect.
Who we may disclose your personal information to and why
We or our authorised agent, may disclose your personal information to:
- any person authorised by you;
- our service providers in Australia and overseas (that provides accounting or administration services to us in Australia);
- a mail house, records management company or technology services provider (for printing and/or delivery of mail and email, including secure storage and management of our records);
- an organisation that provides you with banking facilities (for the purpose of arranging direct debit);
- another credit provider, referrer, financial services provider or our agent (for the purpose of assisting you find a loan);
- a dispute resolution organisation such as the Credit and Investments Ombudsman Service (for the purpose of resolving disputes between us and you); and
- a credit reporting organisation.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
In some instances, our service providers and related bodies corporate we disclose your personal information to may be located overseas. The countries in which these service providers and related companies are located may vary from time to time, but include the Philippines, New Zealand, Canada and the USA.
Where personal information has been disclosed to an overseas recipient, there is a possibility that in certain cases that recipient may be required to disclose it under a foreign law. Where this occurs, such disclosure is not a breach of the Act.
Accessing and seeking correction of your personal information
Our aim is to always have accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant personal information. When you receive a consumer credit contract, general correspondence or if we speak with you, you should check that the information we hold about you is correct.
You may request access to your personal information that we hold at any time, and request us to correct any errors in that information. Generally, no restrictions or charges will apply.
How you can contact us or make a complaint
If you would like more information about how we manage your personal information, wish to request access to or correction of your personal information, or if you have a complaint, please contact us and we will make every effort to resolve your complaint or refer you to our independent dispute resolution processes. Please see our complaints section for more information.